How do you get to the root cause of your health problems?
Take charge of your health
- recognize patterns
- remove obstacles
- repair damage
- rebuild health
The fist appointment with a naturopathic doctor is about an hour. Based on what is discovered in the first appointment, a treatment plan is created. Things like sleep hygiene, understanding how stress affects the body, diet tips and detoxifying naturally are a part of the general plan, made are made specific to the individual needs.
Recommendations for further testing may be made. Further testing may include things like comprehensive hormone panels, stool analysis, organic acid testing, genomic, nutritional or cardiac profiles, food sensitivity analysis or environmental toxicity.
You may choose to engage in a specific program which helps stimulate your body’s natural mechanisms of healing. These programs may be executed in follow-up sessions that last about 30 minutes and may take place once a week for 4-6 weeks, or may be spaced out more or less, depending on the needs of the individual.
Welcome a medical professional who:
- Goes over the underlying patterns identified in your recent blood work, imaging and lab reports.
- Considers laboratory values within ranges and patterns to achieve optimal health, not necessarily waiting until there is frank disease.
- Collects a detailed health history.
- Reviews medication side effects
- Performs an in-clinic physical health screen to look for patterns of cellular health deficits and nutritional decline.
- Appreciates a medical consideration of how your body, emotional, cognitive and spiritual systems orchestrate and integrate.
- Knows how to guide you to use food and plants as medicine.
Dr. Laura M. Brown, is a registered naturopathic doctor in Guelph with a functional medicine approach. She focusses on stimulating the body’s natural mechanisms to repair damage and rebuild health. A HeartMath® Certified Practitioner and a level 2 Certified Gluten Free Practitioner, she holds the designation of ADAPT Trained Practitioner from Kresser Institute, the only functional medicine and ancestral health training company. Dr. Brown is also the author of Amazon’s #1 bestseller, Beyond Digestion.
Doctor as Teacher
You, at any time, can ask questions. Learn about your condition so you can make an informed decision about your health. You are living in your body 24/7 – so it’s your temple abode. You help your practitioner understand your experience and your practitioner helps you understand why you might feel the way you do.
It is not a one or the other mentality. You may choose to see your family doctor, your specialist and your naturopathic doctor.